When traveling, the following things sometimes used to happen:
- We feel rushed and get tired
- We drive too much
- We have stomach issues
- We don’t feel connected to where we are visiting
- It’s too crowded where we are visiting
- Not feeling like we are getting a good value for our money
- Feeling overburdened with carrying so much stuff
We made some rules before our 2007 New Zealand trip that worked well and we’ve refined them with each trip we’ve taken and here’s what we now follow.
- Minimum overnight stay in one location of 4 days
This cuts down on so much driving, feeling rushed packing and unpacking so often. Also, you get more immersed in your local area and make more of a connection.
- No chain store food
Fast food makes everyone feel bad but even chain store food is essentially fast food that takes longer and costs more. You’ll feel better and more connected to go to a local restaurant.… READ THE REST